The book entitled “Soldier Priest in the Killing Fields of Europe” written by Gary Browne and Darrin McGrath is available at our office at a cost of $15.00. This book tells the great history of Padre Nangle who was baptized at our parish in 1889, Parish Priest from 1914 to 1916 and Chaplain to the Newfoundland Regiment WWI. The story board of his life history is acknowledged on the plaque located near the sacristy entrance of our Church. In February 2016, Padre Nangle was named as National Historic Person by the Government of Canada.
- NATIONAL HISTORIC DESIGNATIONS | The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of St. John's rcsj.org/news/16-02-201… 6 months ago
- Death of Fr. David Butler, Parish Priest of Holy Family, Paradise rcsj.org/news/24-11-201… 9 months ago
- RT @FlankerPress: Author @ChalkerBrowne speaks w/ Angela Antle on The Story of the Basilica of St. John the Baptist on @CBCWam tomorrow at … 11 months ago
- RT @FlankerPress: The Story of the Basilica of St. John the Baptist by @ChalkerBrowne launches on September 9! Details: https://t.co/m1DqIW… 12 months ago
- RT @ejmyatt: Thank you @RCStJohns for the warm welcome. What a great start to @ccocampus in St. John's. 1 year ago